More Holiday Myth Busters! The Truth about your Holiday Job Search
Here we are folks, entering the Holiday Job Search season in 2020. Can you believe how time flies by so fast. This week I’m writing about one of my favorite holiday myth busters, even through these crazy times of the Pandemic, Holiday Job Search success story and many job search tips . I will continue to write holiday tips and success stories throughout November and December. So, remember to sign up for FREE tips on my website and these blogs will be sent to your email box. Sign up at JustResumesUSA.com. Below are important questions and answers you need to consider for your Holiday Job Search.
1. True or False? “No one hires in December and why?”
Are you thinking, "No Holiday Job Search for me, no way, no how, waste of time. No one hires this time of year." Think again! This is False! Studies show the following response to advertising ...
Holiday Job Search reduces your competition by 75%.
This means the employers working through the holidays online, homebased or at the office, will suddenly be available and will be happy to have time to engage with you. Many great companies have a “Use it or lose it budget.”
And, if the company has a need and you’re the right fit, consider this:
During the Holiday Job Search, managers can write you into their budget right away.
2. Will you share with us your best networking TIPS for the holiday season?
- This is a great question in today's times. Have your networking business cards available at a moment’s notice. Remember, you may be seeing many family members and friends you may only see once a year even if on Zoom. With Holiday Job Search networking, it’s not who you know, it’s who they know that is most likely where you’ll land a job or the gain the contact that will lead you to a great job.
- Bring your networking cards to holiday parties in order to follow up, contact and/or meet for coffee or lunch after the first of the year. Many companies invite their customers and vendors to holiday parties if at all possible.
- Drop a networking card in your Christmas or Hanukkah card with a note expressing companies of interest to you.
- Volunteer for a worthy cause or children’s group. This is a great time and place to connect with people through the holidays even through online communities.
3. Please share one of your favorite networking stories you’ve experienced with your own clients. I have many client success stories of Holiday Job Search and landing jobs through the holiday season. Here’s one of my favorite…
- This is the story of a Kevin going through a career change. Kevin lived in a small town in the Midwest. He was in high-end retail sales management for many years. He discovered his passion was helping people in health care after taking care of his grandfather at his home.
When I met Kevin, he had just completed a 6-week Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program. So I wrote Kevin a professional resume focused on his internship and training as a CNA. He told me about a holiday event coming up the following weekend. We discussed bringing networking cards focused on his new career and the Holiday Job Search. At the party, he met an old high school buddy he hadn’t seen in years who was now the Human Resources Director at the local hospital. Kevin was excited. He brought his new resume to the interview the following Monday and got hired as a CNA at the local hospital. He was so happy as he told me he was starting his new career the following week. This all happened in less than 2-weeks. Timing is everything and the Holiday Job Search is the right time for you too.
I want to encourage you to follow these tips, write comments and share your stories to help our readers. Again I will continue to write Holiday Job Search tips throughout November and December. So, remember to sign up for FREE tips on my website and these blogs will be sent to your email box. Sign up at JustResumesUSA.com. Stay tuned…
Kim Marino is nationally published author of 6 career books and Founder of JustResumesUSA.com and CareerCoachKim.com. As a 30-year veteran of the Outplacement Industry, her expertise is noted for writing professional resumes and coaching motivated professionals prepare for the interview, job searching, social media networking, network building and salary negotiating. She speaks as a subject matter expert on national television and featured on individual and 26-city radio author tours nationwide. Kim Marino helps her clients realize their full potential with vision, passion and purpose.